Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Does libwsutil need to be its own library?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 18:41:44 -0500
On 12/03/2010 06:30 PM, Stephen Fisher wrote:
Does libwsutil need to be its own library that is installed (on Unix)
alongside libwireshark and libwiretap?

I think it's useful: it gives us a place that is neither wiretap nor libwireshark to stick basic utility-type or otherwise shared code.

Making it a shared library that is installed separately just means we don't have 6 (or however many) copies of the code in each executable.

Why?