Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Problem loading dissector plugin dll on Windows

From: "Semjon" <semgo@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 21:36:23 +0100
Hi,

I'm new to wireshark development and wrote a dissector plugin for a proprietary protocol.
I'm using Windows XP and MSVC2008EE.
Generally the plugin is working fine, but when I copy the dissector .dll to another PC which has already installed and run Wireshark before I always get the following error during wireshark startup:

"Couldn't load module <path>\my-protocol.dll: The specified procedure could not be found."

If I reinstall Wireshark on this machine and put in my dll before wiresharks first start it's working fine forever.
For me it seems that wireshark does some sort of initial scan for plugins etc during its first start after installation and if you use new plugins after having run wireshark it won't load them correctly anymore (at leas with my plugin ;-).

Has anyone some advice here please, maybe there is some sort of settings-file created which I have to delete to retrigger this initial scan or something?

Thanks Semjon