Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] foo dissector of the dev guide

From: Christopher Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:05:53 +0000 (UTC)
Lange Jan-Erik <Jan-Erik.Lange@...> writes:

> But under preferences -> protocols there isn't the FOO protocol. Should it be
there?
It will only show up there if there are preferences registered for the
dissector, so in this case, no.

> have you disabled the UDP dissector?

As Jaap mentioned, something is wrong here as the UDP dissector is not getting
handed the packet.  If the UDP dissector is truly enabled, then you might try a
distclean and re-make everything from scratch.  This often fixes weird issues
like this, although there's no guarantee it will fix this issue.  Still, it's
easy enough to do, so it's worth a try.