Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] SIP Registrations Module

From: "RUOFF, LARS (LARS)** CTR **" <lars.ruoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:30:13 +0100

Hello Danny,

i'm working a lot with SIP traces, including registration issues.

I don't have any urgent need for this but it could be helpful in some occasions.

Do you plan to track the registration time ("Expires") also?

I.e. will your module be able to tell for any given time wether a given endpoint was registered at that time?

Of course this will only be possible starting from the first REGISTER request for any given endpoint found in the trace. It'll also have to take into account un-registrations (Expires:0) and failed REGISTERs.

regards,

Lars