Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Strange desegmentation code in packet-ssl?

From: Kaul <mykaul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 08:56:26 +0200
Any idea why isn't the SSL dissector using the straightforward desgementation facilities available by Wireshark?
It is left over from ancient times? It seems like a complex piece of work, instead of nicely using the PDUs dissection infrastructure - and I believe that SSL is a classic protocol for this.

Specifically, it seems to fail to desegment segmented records in the handshake process (on SSL on a non-standard port, coincidence?).
I wonder how much of an effort it'd be to 'convert' it. Anyone looked at it before?

TIA,
Y.