Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Filter for generated items

From: wsgd <wsgd@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 16:53:38 +0100
Look at :
- proto_tree_add_item
- proto_tree_add_string
- proto_tree_add_string_format

Olivier

Le 14/11/2010 13:34, Helge Kruse a �crit :
Hi I write a dissector DLL, that adds a generated item to the tree.
After defining the hf_info with type FT_STRING, i use
proto_item_append_text to show the generated string. But this item
cannot be used neither to search or to filter for this item.

I have seen, that the packet-frame.c uses proto_item_append_string to
show the protocol layers. This is also usable in a filter. Since
proto_item_append_string is not exported, the function is not available
for my dissector DLL.

How can I either add a hack to my DLL to simulate
proto_item_append_string or provide another way to filter and find?

Regards,
Helge