Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Modify default settings?

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 12:03:46 -0700
Are we using the best default settings when Wireshark is installed for
the first time on a machine?  I always make these changes:

 - <uncheck> Ask for unsaved capture files
 - <check> Welcome screen and title bar shows version
 - Always start in directory (Desktop on Windows, ~/captures on Unix)
 - Change the toolbar style to "Icons & Text"
 - Add a "Packet Length (Bytes)" column titled "Bytes"

The one that I think would be the most useful to consider making a
default setting is making the toolbar style "Icons & Text" followed by
adding the packet length column.

Comments?  Any other settings we all use that could be useful?