Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] small query on UDP protocol

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:58:17 +0100
Hi,

This is resolved from the services file. That port number is registered with IANA as:

iad1            1030/udp   BBN IAD

If you're curious, this is the BBN (Bolt, Beranek and Newman) Interface Access Device, which operates as a bridge/router between IP, X.25, asynch links, etc.

Nothing to worry about, Wirehshark does a best effort attempt to map port numbers to services (as was intended), but this becomes more and more error prone the higher the port numbers are.

Thanks,
Jaap