Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 34796: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: main

From: Alexander Koeppe <format_c@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:14:56 +0100
Jakub Zawadzki schrieb:
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 12:26:39PM +0100, Alexander Koeppe wrote:
>> As Jakub didn't react, I opened a bug# 5383 for the patch on behalf.

> I'm still waiting for response from core developers ;)
>
> In your patch you didn't change get_byte_view_data_and_length, it
> works ok?

Yes it does. I just undid the patches from bug# 5285 and 5374 and tested
with the faulty pcap provided in bug# 5285. It worked as expected. bend
execeeded len when selecting the last PDU and has been limited to len by
the check you provided. Thus Gtk highlights only the bytes actually
available and has no need to crash anymore.

So why do you think it's necessary to modify
get_byte_view_data_and_length() for this?

Cheers