Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] non-ASCII stuff in manuf

From: Thomas Boehne <TBoehne@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:53:45 +0100
On 10/26/2010 11:32 AM, Thomas Boehne wrote:
> I contacted them a couple of times concerning this, but the requests
> would either not be answered at all or were forwarded to people that
> could not fix the problem. I will try it again today, or probably call
> them until I finally reach somebody that can help.

After sending a bunch of emails to IEEE explaining the problem in
detail, they finally changed the database entries today.

The bad news is that they are now _both_ displayed incorrectly on the
web page (if the browser decides to display the page as unicode).

The good new is that they are both displayed _correctly_ in wireshark,
since make-manuf decodes the database as iso-8859-1.

Could someone please run make-manuf to update manuf and check it in?

Best regards
Thomas B�hne

* J�ger Computergesteuerte Messtechnik GmbH
* Thomas B�hne
* Rheinstra�e 2-4
* 64653 Lorsch, Germany
* http://www.ADwin.de
* Phone: +49 (6251) 9632-0                  Fax: +49 (6251) 56819
* Responsible: C.E.O. Hubert Morgenstern
* Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Bensheim, Register no.: B24717