Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] decoding of protocol layers atop own dissector

From: "Kristian Martens" <Kristian.Martens@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 08:00:32 +0100
Is it possible to set a wireshark dissector for potocol layers atop of an dissector if wireshark is not able to determine which dissector shall be used? If yes, how can this be achieved? I developed a propriatary protocol dissector which is working fine. This protocol transports a standardized protocol also being available in wireshark. I thought I could select this protocol in the "decode as..." dialog but it is not available there.

Thank you for your answers in advance.
Kris