Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Build broken in asn1/x721 (r34777)?

From: Kaul <mykaul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 18:20:09 +0200

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Kaul <mykaul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@gmail.com> wrote:
Kaul wrote:
> So how *do* I build Wireshark now? It seems to affect the normal build:

You shouldn't be building anything in the asn1 directory unless you mean
to be (generally to rebuild those dissectors).  The top-level Makefile
doesn't descend into asn1.

Indeed - I was trying (still am) to fix a bug in ldap.

> packet-dcerpc-netlogon.c: In function ‘get_keytab_as_list’:
> packet-dcerpc-netlogon.c:6846:5: error: implicit declaration of function
> ‘read_keytab_file_from_preferences’

That's got nothing to do with what's in the asn1 directory.

I think it is.
packet-kerberos.h is created automatically by the ASN.1 dissector. Since its make failed, this failed.
manually building it (../../tools/asn2wrs.py -b -e -p kerberos -c ./kerberos.cnf -s ./packet-kerberos-template -D . KerberosV5Spec2.asn k5.asn) fixed this.
Y.

Spoke too soon. The compile still failed.
I'll tried to compile without Kerberos - that didn't work either - other errors (I'm pretty sure no one tried ./configure --without-krb5 ; make ).
I wonder if it's due to Fedora 14, to which I upgraded just yesterday.

I've reveted packet-kerberos.[ch] per Anders' advice - that finally fixed it.
Y.

At first glance it sounds like your packet-kerberos.h was compiled
without HAVE_KERBEROS but packet-dcerpc-netlogon.c is compiled with it.
 Or something like that...