Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] nmake problem (cl.exe)

From: Christopher Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 21:03:36 +0000 (UTC)
Lange Jan-Erik <Jan-Erik.Lange@...> writes:

> I have Windows 7 64bit on my computer.
>
> Error 1719. The windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can
occur if you are running Windows
> in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contacte
your support personel for assistance.

> Do you know this error? What can I do?

I'm running Windows XP SP3 32-bit, and I have not encountered this error before.
You might try a google search on,
"Error 1719. The windows Installer Service could not be accessed."

There are many hits that come up, so you might need to sift through a few of
them to find one that helps you.  Unless someone else with Windows 7 64 bit has
seen this before or has some better/alternate advice to offer?