Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] I want to print the string tvb->real_data on the ubuntu term

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:25:25 -0700
On Oct 26, 2010, at 7:43 AM, 刘昆 wrote:

> In fact,I want to program to filter some certain URL or IP address in the packet but not the header just as when we use proxy to access a web ,the real URL is not in the header,but in the packet.
> And  when I find the tvb->real_data maybe the payload,and I use gdb to print (command:"print tvb->real_data") ,then I get a string showed on the terminal
>
> "const guint8 *) 0x8b53042 "GET http://www.baidu.com/ HTTP/1.1\r\nHost:
> www.baidu.com\r\nUser-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US;
> rv:1.9.2.11) Gecko/20101013 Linux Mint/9 (Isadora)
> Firefox/3.6.11\r\nAccept: text/html,applic"...
>
> We can see the "www.baidu.com" displayed. And the string "www.baidu.com" is just I need,

We can see it twice - once in the URI, and once in the Host: header.

Where are you putting the code?  If you're doing this with a tap, the tap listener gets passed a structure with two "char *" members, one of which, if not null, points to the URI for the request, and the other of which, if not null, points to the host from the Host: header.