Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark or protocol bug? (HTTP MIME multipart)

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:59:56 +0200
Kaul skrev 2010-10-25 23:55:

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I see no problem here. It loads fine in Wireshark 1.4.1.

What I do see, and which is a bug in Wireshark, is that it doesn't treat it as multipart/mixed, as stated in RFC 2046, Section 5.1.3:

   Any "multipart" subtypes that an implementation does not recognize
   must be treated as being of subtype "mixed".

Indeed (and I'll see if I can fix that), but I've actually also specifically added multipart/encrypted to packet-multipart (and registered gssapi in multipart_media_type table and in media_type table so it'll recognize it specifically) - bu I still get the exception (because of the missing CR-LF-CR-LF expected?). RFC 1847, section 2.2 seems to show an example - with double CRLF.
Taking a brief look at your trace it seems like double CRLF may be missing in some places, compare
with this trace which I think is correct.
See also RFC 2046 5.1.1. I think I used RFC 2045 - 2049 helping to implement this.

TIA,
Y.

Thanks,
Jaap