Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Stripping Dissectors from wireshark.

From: Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:32:01 -0400

In wireshark, select "analyze" -> "enabled protocols..." and uncheck everything you don't need. (though you will need to keep the lower layers dissected - e.g., for HTTP you'd need to keep Ethernet, IP, TCP selected, and possibly IPv6, and of course HTTP and possibly SSL, etc)

If all you want is HTTP, and only for port 80 or 443 or whatever, you could use a BPF capture filter to only capture the right packets to begin with - that'll speed it up.

-hadriel