Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] question about capturing long message and packets.

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 22:20:59 +0200
On 10/20/2010 04:29 PM, Al wrote:
I am using a char tool and is sending a long xml message like 3 mb and the capture doesnt show any packets ~3m. if the packet is broken down to smaller sizes how do i tell on the capture if the data was actually captured? I am not sure if the receiving end received the message so that's why i am using wireshark in the first place...

thanks!

Hi,

What transport do you use? TCP, UDP or something else.

You can set preferences on the XML dissector to see if it finds XML in data on certain ports. Does that help?

Thanks,
Jaap