Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Problem Compiling Wireshark under Win32

From: Fox-Moore Ben <Ben.Fox-Moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 15:37:33 +0200

I’ve developed a dissector plugin under Linux, and now need to deploy it on Windows machines. I started trying to setup my environment on a Windows XP VM but when I get to step 2.2.7., I get a couple of errors.

I had a “vcredist_x86.exe is missing” error which I fixed by download vcredist_x86.exe and putting it in C:\wireshark-win32-libs, however I now get another error:

tools/win32-setup.sh: line 10: sed: command not found

tools/win32-setup.sh: line 12: exec: --: invalid option

exec: usage: exec [-cl] [-a name] file [redirection ...]

tools/win32-setup.sh: line 10: sed: command not found

tools/win32-setup.sh: line 12: exec: --: invalid option

exec: usage: exec [-cl] [-a name] file [redirection ...]

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'c:\cygwin\bin\bash.EXE' : return code '0x2'

Stop.

I noticed that the documentation says I should try nmake -f Makefile.nmake setup but that didn’t help. I just get the same error message. The documentation and the wiki seem to disagree about what to do, which just confuses things. Any solution or ideas?

Thanks,

Ben