Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] dissector-plugins

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:38:07 +0200
On 10/14/2010 04:12 PM, Lange Jan-Erik wrote:
Hello,
there is the posibility in wireshark to create a "dissector-plugin".
I want to dissect a packet which is not even conform to the ethernet
protocol.
Is it possible to create such a dissector plugin in this "low level"?
Best regards
Jan

Hi,

Who said Wireshark is for Ethernet? Have a look at wiretap/wtap.h and see how many link layer types are already supported. And yes, each has a dissector to start with, from epan/dissectors/packet-frame.c and up.

Thanks,
Jaap