Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] 6lowpan dissector in 1.4

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:04:32 -0400
I created some plugins for Wireshark 1.2.x, including a 6lowpan dissector that reassembled fragmented messages.  Once the final fragment had been received and the original payload reassembled, the dissector would then call itself recursively in order to make sure subdissectors got their chance to dissect the contents.

Now that I've rebuilt my plugins for 1.4, I don't need my 6lowpan plugin any more of course.  However the builtin one doesn't appear to reassemble 6lowpan messages.  It parses each fragment correctly, but never seems to do any processing of the full payload.

Just wondering whether this is a bug, or if not, then how might my subdissectors acquire the reassembled payload for dissection?

Thanks,
b.