Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to add a wtap encapsulation?

From: Christopher Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:14:31 +0000 (UTC)
Yo Mismo <iokeze@...> writes:

> I have added it (#define WTAP_ENCAP_XXX   127)

I don't know if this is your problem or not, but there's already a wiretap
encapsulation defined as 127:

#define WTAP_ENCAP_IEEE802_15_4_NOFCS		127

You might also want to have a look at wiretap/pcap-common.c, especially the
"Note" about what to do if you need a new encapsulation type for libpcap files.