Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] GTK_STOCK_FILE -> wireshark documents icon

From: Chris Maynard <chris.maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 01:56:21 +0000 (UTC)
Anders Broman <a.broman@...> writes:

> Does any one know how to convert the current .png file to a xpm

I don't know how this tool compares to others, but here's one free tool to do it:
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

As a quick test, I downloaded it, and tested it out on my Windows XP PC.  It
seems to do the job well enough.

In my test, I just ran "convert hi48-app-wireshark.png hi48-app-wireshark.xpm"
with no other options at the command-line, and it successfully converted the
.png image to .xpm.  With a cygwin X11 server running, I used their "display"
GUI (which seems a bit hokey, esp. w/dual monitors) to view the resulting .xpm.

In addition to Windows, they have support for Unix and Mac OS X as well.