Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Query regarding PPP PAP decoding

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 03:09:23 -0700 (PDT)

> If you want to see the values of the "Peer-ID" and
> "Password" fields,
> you can select them, and view the corresponding highlighted
> bytes in the
> bottom window (the "raw packet" view).

Thats true. However I am wondering why is it not shown in the decoding (or the middle ) pane? This is where all the other
details are shown, then why not the Peer id and Password?
Is it for some sort of "security"? It doesnt seem to help though,
as the data is anywhere available in the "raw packet" view.