Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] saving data in pcap file format

From: Lange Jan-Erik <Jan-Erik.Lange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 13:35:17 +0200
Hello,

I want to analyze an usb datastream with wireshark. To record the data I use a proprietary development that uses libusb to receive the data.

Ok, to analyze the data I want to use wireshark. Is there a way to save the recorded data as a *.pcap File? Is there a library I could use to write the data into a file? Can you an recommend overview about this file format?

When I have this pcap file I would create a dissector plugin to dissect the data according to my protocoll.

Best regards

Jan