Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] The TCP dissector needs an update

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 19:27:46 +0200
Hi,

I think the TCP dissector needs an update in the reassembly code.
Other dissectors does have a link to the reassembled content in each
fragment, but the TCP dissector does not (because it uses
proto_tree_add_text() for the "TCP segment data" entry).  When looking
at the code I find a lot of special handling, do we need this?  Can't
we use the common reassembly routines?  Or maybe refactor some
routines?

Any takers?

--
Stig Bjørlykke