Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] .so and .la files

From: Brian Oleksa <oleksab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 13:47:34 -0400

I noticed in the /usr/local/lib/wireshark/plugin/1.4.0 directory that there is a protocol.so and a protocol.la file.

I know the .so file is needed....but is the .la file needed..??

The reason I asked this...is because if I want to give my dissector to somebody to use on their machine..I need to know if they need just the .so file or both (.so and .la)

Thanks,
Brian