Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Updating plugin for 1.4.0

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 10:49:03 -0400
I wrote some plugins under 1.2.x awhile back, which have been used successfully for some time now.

I tried using them with 1.4.0 (hey it was worth a shot :) but got an error so I downloaded the 1.4.0 tarball and rebuilt them.  However I still get the error!  Can those of you with 1.4 knowledge suggest where I should start looking for the problem?  The error is simply:

10:39:15          Warn Dissector bug, protocol MyProto, in packet 1: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION: dissector accessed an invalid memory address

Whatever it is, it's something that happens with 1.4.0 but not with 1.2.11 .  I have not (yet) touched the plugin source code.
Any suggestions appreciated!

b.