Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] building my dissector on linux

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 10:44:25 -0400
Brian Oleksa wrote:
  Jeff

This is exactly what I did.

I got the 1.4 sources and compiled it on linux and started wireshark. Everything worked fine.

On the same machine (about 1 year ago)...I got version 1.1.2 compiled and working on my machine with my dissector. (not sure exactly what I did to get it working)

So all I did was grab my dissectors directory only....and dropped it in the plugin folder of 1.4.0.

When I do a make install....I get this error:

make: *** No rule to make target `../../aclocal-fallback/libgnutls.m4', needed by `Makefile.in'. Stop.

Did you re-run ./autogen.sh after adding your plugin? It seems your Makefile.in needs to be rebuilt. (libgnutls.m4 was removed in rev 28874.)

Or: did you overwrite the top-level configure.in ?