Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 34339: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: capt

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 00:32:43 +0200
On 3 okt 2010, at 00:06, Bill Meier wrote:

> Bill Meier wrote:
>> sake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=34339
>>>
>>> User: sake
>>> Date: 2010/10/02 02:15 PM
>>>
>>> Log:
>>> Reverting SVN 34338, looks like libpcap and winpcap are more different than I thought. I might have to set up a local windows build system again :(
>>
>> libui.lib(capture_dlg.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
>> _bpf_image referenced in function _capture_filter_compile_cb
>>
>> libui.lib(capture_dlg.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
>> _pcap_open_dead referenced in function _capture_compile_cb
>>

>> I'm not sure about bpf_image but for pcap_open_dead() I expect you'll
>> need to add stuff to capture-wpcap.c the same way I just added stuff for
>> pcap_compile_nopcap() in SVN #34336.

Ah... thank you for pointing me to capture-wpcap.c, I was not aware of the intermediate layer to WinPcap.

> PS: If you don't want to set up a Windows Build system, I can have a
> look-see on Monday... (since I build on both Windows and Linux).

I will try to solve it myself, I think I still have a dusty Win-dev VM lying around. If it takes too long for me to brush it clean and do the fixing myself, I'd be happy to accept your offer ;-)

(I seem to have been spending to much time on this already ;-))

Have a nice weekend,

Sake