Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] composite tvbuffs

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 23:16:42 -0600
On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 05:33:25PM -0700, Scott Mueller wrote:

> Thank you for your response. I'm working with a multi-layered protocol
> that relies on TCP/IP, and in some cases the contiguous payload that I
> need to work with is spread out across several well-formed messages.

Have you looked at the reassembly information in README.developer,
specifically section 2.7.2, "Modifying the pinfo struct" ?  That may do
the job for you, especially if the messages span multiple TCP segments.
The preceding section about using tcp_dissect_pdus could work too, but
it's geared toward simple TCP reassembly.