Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] composite tvbuffs

From: "Scott Mueller" <smueller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 17:33:25 -0700
Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your response. I'm working with a multi-layered protocol
that relies on TCP/IP, and in some cases the contiguous payload that I
need to work with is spread out across several well-formed messages. In
each of these messages, I parse out the headers in order to determine
whether the payload contains all of the necessary information to
dissect, or if I need to aggregate payloads from further messages,
reassemble these, and then dissect when I have everything. I might be
working with very large messages when adding stress to the software that
generates this data, so I'm just trying to avoid allocating everything
in a very large contiguous block.

Thanks again,

M. Scott Mueller