Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] win 7 64 bit

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 08:50:46 +0100
On 23/09/2010 01:25, oleksab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
My Win XP 32 bit machine died today. I need to replace it ASAP. I
developed a wireshark dissector on my dead XP machine. I was able to
create a 32 bit my-dissector.dll file.

If I get a win7 64 bit OS....can I still create a 32 bit .dll file..??
This is important.

The answer to this question will determine what machine (32 bit or 64 bit)
I will purchase tomorrow.

Also...is there any problems with the win7 OS and building wireshark
dissectors..? Has anybody successfully built a wireshark dissector using
Win7..??
I haven't tried Win7, but there is no problem doing this in Vista Pro x64.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice