Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Use val_to_str_ext() & friends to access sminmpec_values[]

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 20:29:37 +0200
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 02:00:44PM -0400, Bill Meier wrote:
> Anders Broman wrote:
> > Is the script "fixed" to fill out any "holes" in the list with "unasigned"?
> > That would be the most efficent use...
>
> If I do this, match_strval() against the sminmpec list will no longer
> return NULL for a "missing" entry (other than "past the end").

Can we use NULLs instead of 'unasigned'?

All value_string_match_t functions (except of _match_strval_linear(), which is just wrapper to match_strval())
are using vs->length already.

It might not work when wireshark want to iterate through values.
(Which reminds me that I forgot to submit patch to support BASE_EXT_STRING in dfilter_expr_dlg.c and rawshark.c...)