Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Is it possible to add protocols to WireShark

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:11:16 -0600
Yes, there are various ways of doing it.  Are you the only one that
needs to dissect that protocol?  If so, you could just modify the
dissector in your source tree and use it.  You could also create a
preference to handle the packets in a different way depending on your
setting.  Or you could create a new dissector for the protocol and
either disable the other one or use a different port assignment for the
new one.

P.S. Please send your e-mails in text only mode or at least with text
and HTML - your message came across as HTML only and I had to take extra
steps to read it since I read e-mail in a text only program.