Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Usage of MS protocol documentation in Wireshark

From: Ed Beroset <beroset@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 16:00:03 -0400 (EDT)

-----Original Message-----

There is some evidence that suggests they were never as allergic to open source as some of their executives would like you to believe.  If you look at files shipped with the Windows operating system, including ftp.exe, finger.exe, nslookup.exe and others, you'll see that outwardly they have a Microsoft copyright, but in the text inside them, one finds text indicating "Copyright 198x The Regents of the University of California."

Ed