Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] library wireshark in ruby

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 14:40:58 -0600
On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 07:44:51AM +0000, diouf karim wrote:

> its necessary to mapper the wireshark library in the ruby language,
> that will allow me after to dissector the packets captured.

> I have been looking for some manual or documentation about the library
> on the net but no success.

This question comes up on a regular basis on this list.  usually.  There
is no documentation on using libwireshark's dissection API other than
the source code and developer's documentation.  That library is not
designed with use outside Wireshark in mind, though it is possible as
long as GPL guidelines (under which it's licensed) are adhered to.