Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Dissection of LTE-RRC

From: Vishal Kumar Singh <vishal.ismdh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:08:17 +0530
Hi All,

I have been trying to make RRC Dissector using the source code available at http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/trunk-1.4/epan/dissectors/.

Simply, I am trying to build a library in any directory. After that, I copy the library to the plugin directory of wireshark. When I run wireshark and send some packets,  I get DL CCCH message only, proto_register_protocol invokes only "dissect_lte_rrc_DL_CCCH_Message" Function. I made a simple change to meet my motive. Instead, I invoked   "dissect_lte_rrc_Message", which further calls dissector function for DL CCCH, UL CCCH, UL DCCH etc.  But, now i have to make a decision based on which only one of all is called. Presently, when all the three dissector function is invoked.

Please, suggest me a suitable method to this. Can i select based on message type to differentiate UL CCCH, UL DCCH, DL CCCH messages? Or, is there any other method to differentiate the messages?

Regards,
Vishal