Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Can asn2wrs handle BER & PER in same protocol?

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 17:33:09 -0600
I'm making my first serious attempt at working with an asn2wrs generated
dissector, T.125.  I noticed (when looking at RDP traffic) that only the
Connect Initial/Reponse packets are decoded.  The rest of the packets
simply say "T.125 payload" because t125.cnf doesn't support them.

The next packet in an RDP session after the MCS connection response is
Erect Domain.  DomainMCSPDU is commented out in t125.cnf presumably
because it doesn't work yet.  Although I barely know the difference in
BER and PER, I'm guessing that the problem is being caused by the
connect packets being BER encoded and the domain packets being PER.  Is
it possible to switch between them when using asn2wrs?  Glancing at all
of the other .cnf files seems to indicate that each protocol is one or
the other.