Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] did anybody have build error like this ?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:04:11 -0700
On Aug 23, 2010, at 11:43 AM, Anders Broman wrote:

> Raytman, Oleg skrev 2010-08-20 16:18:
> I'm not sure any one has tried to build for Win64 with MSVC 8, the official build is done with MSVC 9.

It might be that later versions of MSVC are smart enough to realize that

	{very small integer} - {size_t % very small integer}

can be no larger than {very small integer}, and therefore that the value in question will always fit in an 8-bit integer, given that {very small integer} is, in this case 8.

However, I'm not sure why we're using a guint8 for the pad variable in the first place....