Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Converting IPv6 from string to internal representation

From: Slava Koyfman <slavak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:12:15 +0300
Hello,

As part of my code I have an option that allows a user to set an IPv6-compatible address in the preferences dialog. I then compare this address to information in the packet. Obviously, the user would enter the address in the human-readable form (e.g.: 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334) and I would then have to parse it into its computer representation.

Is there a function in Wireshark that would allow me to do this without implementing the functionality from scratch?

Thanks,
Slava.