Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Tshark embedded version

From: <jean@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 15:26:40 +0200
 Hello,

I need to use Tshark on an ARM system with limited RAM so I had to make a patch to produce a "lightweight" version of Tshark that can run on embedded systems.
As my company will have to provide the patch with the modified version of Tshark, I'm posting it to the ML as well in case someone find it useful.
This patch has been made for version 1.3.3 and reduces libwireshark.so to 25% of its size. It still contains a lot of protocols that I don't use but the size was ok for me, so I didn't spend more time to try to make it smaller.

My previous patch was put on http://wiki.wireshark.org/BuildingAndInstalling maybe this new one could be put there as well? If you find any obvious errors in it, don't hesitate to contact me.
Also, is there any plans to add configure options that disable large chunks of dissectors? A lot of people don't need anything else than ethernet/Wifi so it could save them a lot of RAM. Though, it would probably require a lot of testing and some arbitrary decisions to decide what to include or not.

Cheers,

Jean