Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Facin issue in build procedure on Windows

From: Geetika Gupta <geettka.gupta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 17:24:16 +0530
Hi

Yes ./echo is not part of Makefile.nmake

DOS key has echo macro

C:\cygwin\bin>echo
ECHO is on.

I too have doubt from where does ./echo is executed?

Regards
Geetika

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Geetika Gupta wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I am facing difficulty in build procedure of Wireshark.
> After following steps mentioned in
> http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html
> When I run command
>  nmake -f Makefile.nmake setup
 >
 > <snip>
>
> ./win2k_xp/bin/wtsapi32.dll
> '.\echo.' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '.\echo.' : return code '0x1'
> Stop.

I find the ".\" in ".\echo."  puzzling.  Where did that come from ?
As far as I know the ".\" is not part of any echo command in Makefile.nmake.

Do you somehow have a doskey macro for "echo" or something?