Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] PacketReceivePacket error out on allocating buffer gerater than

From: Pushkar Tiwari <pushkartiwari@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:52:10 -0700
Hi,
I have written a piece of code to capture packets at very high speed. I have writen my code using Packet API.
To gain better performance I tried allocating large buffer using  "PacketSetBuff" API. PacketSetBuff doesn't return any error on allocating buffer greater than 4MB.
But when I call PacketReceivePacket  to retrieve the packet, the call fails.

Is there any restriction on the buffer that can be allocated? Is there some other wy through which we can allocate higher buffer and get the better performance.

Here are some of my environment details:

Winpacp Version : 4.1.1
OS : Win2k3
Memory : 8GB

Thanks in advance.