Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] MAC OS/X 10.6.4

From: Andreas Fink <afink@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:49:43 +0200
type

sudo chmod 666 /dev/bpf*

in terminal.app

On 26.07.2010, at 13:15, Francis Feldman wrote:

Using WireShark v1.2.9.

Able to start and capture packets into file and review post capture.  Attached file 'capture1' represents captured packets.

Not able to start capture and have packets display on screen in real-time.  What I get instead is the WireShark main page where it hangs until I kill the process.
All buttons on the main page are disabled when the capture starts.

I issued a killall -6 on with WireSHark process and attached the resulting wireshark-bin diagnostic report.

Glad to provide more diagnostic information and run further tests to assist with resolution.

--

Confidential e-mail and attachment(s)

Privileged Information: This message, together with any attachment(s), is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is legally privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please delete this message, along with any attachments, from your computer.

<capture1><wireshark-bin_2010-07-26-070153_francis-feldmans-macbook-pro.crash>___________________________________________________________________________
Archives:    http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev