Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Crash In Wireshark Package

From: Vishal Kumar Singh <vishal.ismdh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:28:47 +0530
Hi All,

I am trying to build a custom dissector. But, when, I try to capture the the intended packet. The program terminates with segmentation fault, saying "report size exceeds the quota size, a crash in the package wireshark-gnome-1.2.2-1.fc12"

I debugged it. Using backtrace, I came to know that col_add_fstr() function is not being invoked properly. If I comment out the function col_add_fstr(). The wireshark runs properly, but, I have to use this function to decode my packet properly.

Can anyone please tell me, what would be the possible reason ? Or, what library file is required to support this function ? Or, Is there any other library function which functions in the same way ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vishal Kumar Singh
Software Engineer
A R I C E N T