Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] building wireshark in linux

From: ajay seshadri <sesh_ajay@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:13:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

What are the changes to be made to compile and run a Wireshark dissector plugin in Linux? The developer's manual gives in depth information about the changes to be made to the various files (including *.nmake) to compile it in windows.

Is 'make all' sufficient in linux? Would it generate a *.so file? I would appreciate it if anyone could guide me in this regard.

Thanks,
Ajay