Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] query regarding field registration of unicode string

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 13:21:20 +0200

Hi,

There's no direct support for Unicode strings in Wireshark.

What's been done, by the SMB dissector for instance, is that the Unicode string is extracted from the TVB and then converted to an ASCII string before being added to the protocol tree using proto_tree_add_string().

The TVB module provides you with some helper functions: tvb_*fake_unicode().

Thanks,
Jaap