Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Obsolete check_col(pinfo->cinfo, COL_INFO)

From: David Aggeler <david_aggeler@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 20:10:42 +0200

In my opinion the numerous checks for check_col() in the dissectors.are superfluous (and confusing). All col_set_xxxx() functions in column-utils.c correctly check for the precondition. And the precondition is better placed in column-utils.c. Once done, removing the export would be the logical consequence.

As I don't have direct SVN access and since I'm not core member, I'm not sure whether I should start this change.
Would a single .diff file do? Any objection or motivation do do so?

David