Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] dissector array display handling

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 21:36:32 +0200
Jeff Morriss skrev 2010-07-02 18:53:
Manthos S. wrote:
Dear experts,

i am about to improve my dissector (diverse LTE Protocols).
I thought we already have dissectors for most LTE protocols...
Is there any array handling in wireshark code to use for displaying the
arrays of data properly in the packet details field?

What i mean: I want to display the content of the arrays in an array
style with box brackets. I should be able to choose how many elements of
the array should be displayed by getting a value from somewhere else in
the packet with tvb_get for example.
There's no API to do that automatically.

But a simple for loop with some proto_tree_add*_format() calls would do
it easily enough. (The _format part being necessary so you can put the
brackets and index in the tree.)