Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Having Sed Error - Building Wireshark

From: "Pavlu, TJ" <tpavlu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:02:24 -0400

I am on a windows XP machine and I am trying to build the wireshark source so I can start making dissectors. I keep getting a variety of errors. I first off am getting a sed error saying s is an unknown operation.

I tried replacing all the / in the sed commands with # and then it would move farther in the build but I later encountered errors that are making me think that this didn’t work 100%.

I was wondering If someone could explain why this sed error is occurring and how to rectify it.

This is what I get for my tool verification.

Checking for required applications:

        cl: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/BIN/cl

        link: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/BIN/link

        nmake: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/BIN/nmake

        mt: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v6.0A/bin/mt

        bash: /usr/bin/bash

        bison: /usr/bin/bison

        flex: /usr/bin/flex

        env: /usr/bin/env

        grep: /usr/bin/grep

        /usr/bin/find: /usr/bin/find

        perl: /usr/bin/perl

        C:\Python26\python.exe: /cygdrive/c/Python26/python.exe

        sed: /usr/bin/sed

        unzip: /usr/bin/unzip

        wget: /usr/bin/wget

Does this look right and also how do I change where my mt is pointing because I believe that is also wrong but One thing at a time.

Thomas J. Pavlu